Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Its Febuary Already!

LAST Week, I had a nasty bad craving for the old fashioned home made Pineapple upside down cake. Here is pictures of the process. Using a iron skillet, mix up the sugars, heat til melted with butter, then lay pinapple in, pour batter over and bake.

Afterwards, turn pan onto plate and let all the warm sugars drip all over the cake. About an hour later take a nife to it and EAT! EAT More! ENJOY!




Cant you just SMELL that wonderfullness???? Its killing me to Post about it. I just might have to go make another one! hehehe


a week ago, I had a group UFO day, where a bunch of us picked a UFO (un finished object) and worked on that quilt for the day. We posted emails every 2 hours for progress reports. We had a gal in Africa, a gal in Germany and Many of us in the USA participating. It was great fun!
My UFO was this jewelbox. I made it as a class sample 10 years ago. Never got any sign ups for the class and the store let me keep the sample. I LOVE that top! But it never was finished because I wanted to actually make it bigger to fit my queen bed.

I spent all day on UFO Day making half a million 4 patches. Had to press all the scraps first because they have been stored in a case for most of that 10 year span. Plus I had to wash 1 yard of the cobalt blue, I had purchased at a later time to make the larger border but then forgot to wash it! Silly me huh.

Originally I was going to put white strips in between the pianos and the 4 patches. But after review, and taking the photo to the UFO group, we all agreed that the darker colors would work much better, and Good thing because Hubby said so too!

Heres a flannel scrap blankie I made for my oldest Chihuahua. Hes a smooth coat, meaning he has very little fur and is VERY Cold in the winter months. Hes 8 years old and its starting to affect his agility. I will often find him burrowed deep inside somebody's coat or my own couch throw, wadded up into a ball with him deep inside the middle of it.

This is project I want GONE!!! I tried to sell it on Ebay for 25 dollars. there are 20 blocks and they all measure 9 1/2 inches each. It even comes with a couple left over fat quarters of coordinating prints. DO you like it? You want it? EMAIL Me! I just want to recoup the cost of fabrics invested, and you get a nearly finished quilt out of the deal!
Ok........
Thats all for now Folks!

1 comment:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

I havent gotten my cake yet?!?!?!
hehehehe *~*CAROLE*~*